Invaders searched the house of a Crimean Tatar, seizing religious literature and equipment

15.04.2021, 09:52
Invaders searched the house of a Crimean Tatar, seizing religious literature and equipment - фото 1
In the occupied Crimea, security forces searched with the seizure of equipment from a Crimean Tatar in his absence in Zareichne village near Simferopol.

This is reported on Facebook by Crimean solidarity, Ukrinform reports.

"Employees of the Center for Countering Extremism (Center "E") searched the House of Abduselyam Selyametov in the village of Zarichne, Simferopol District, seizing all equipment. He himself had been outside the Crimea for several years, only his eldest son Adil was at home," the report says.

According to Crimean Solidarity, the young man is studying at one of the Universities of Crimea, but he does not know about the reasons for the search by the Center "E".

According to lawyer Rustem Kamilev, the security operatives came to the Crimean Tatar's home at half-past five in the morning, along with the two witnesses "who looked like homeless people" and one specialist. All were without masks, while the search order was not read out, and the rights were not explained.

"One of the employees explained to Adil that the search was conducted as part of an investigation into another criminal case related to terrorism. In particular, they were interested in Selyametov's IP address and the content of correspondence. We will definitely study what kind of case this is and how the IP address of the Selyametov family is involved," the lawyer commented.

It is reported that the operatives, after a thorough inspection, took religious literature, textbooks, as well as a phone, a system unit and a video recorder.

Immediately on the spot, the operatives logged into Adil's phone and instant messengers, which were publicly available. Then a protocol was drawn up. At this time, the house was approached by residents of the village of Zarichne, whom the operative of the Center "E" described: "Oh, familiar faces" and took some photos.

According to Crimean solidarity, the owner of the confiscated phone was informed that he would be able to pick it up only in a week, and no information about the remaining equipment was provided whatsoever.