Primate of the UOC-MP hands over an old printed book published in the Pochaev Lavra to the museum
The exhibit presented by the Primate of the UOC-MP has historical value, "Orthodox Life" reports.
Metropolitan Onufriy donated it from his personal collection.
The church and Archaeological Museum of the Kyiv Theological Academy was established in 1872 and became the first collection of its kind in the Russian Empire. Until the beginning of the twentieth century, the museum's collection included materials from the III millennium BC to the XIX century. After the Soviets came to power, almost all the exhibits were lost or taken abroad.
The revival of the museum took place in 2009 with the blessing of Metropolitan Volodymyr of Kyiv and all Ukraine.
The main source of replenishment of the fund is donations and gifts from hierarchs, clergy and individuals.