Synod of the OCU proclaims a new saint and sets a convent and a pilgrimage center
According to the official website of the OCU, after consideration and recommendation of the Synodal Commission on the canonization of saints, St. Joseph (Nelyubovich-Tukalsky), Metropolitan of Kyiv, Halych and all Russia (+1675), was canonized as a saint, and the day of his memory was designated as the day of repose on August 8 (July 26).
The Synod of the OCU accepted the monastic sisterhood headed by nun Vira (Komplektova) into the Diocese of Luhansk, the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, and established St. Matrona Convent as part of the Luhansk Diocese of the OCU.
The Synod decided to change the name of the Transfiguration Monastery of the Diocese of Vinnytsia-Tulchin, appointing Abbot Eusebius (Bilensky) as its head. Metropolitan Makary of Lviv has been appointed head of the Svyatogorsk Monastery of the Shroud of the Most Holy Theotokos of the Lviv diocese – instead of Abbot Onufriy (Dzyupin).
The Synod, in order to organize pilgrimages and coordinate the activities of pilgrimage services (centers) in the OCU, created the pilgrimage center of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, whose chairman was appointed priest Roman Kogut.
The pilgrimage center of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine will cooperate with the Synodal Department for External Church Relations, coordinate the work of all pilgrimage services (centers) in the Orthodox Church of Ukraine.
The Synod decided to convene another Council of Bishops of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine in Kyiv on February 4, 2022 Metropolitan Epifaniy will report on the life of the local Church in the period after the Council of Bishops on December 15, 2020.