District court bans OCU from the disposal of property of liquidated UOC-KP
The district administrative court of Kyiv issued a ruling to secure the claim of the Kyiv Patriarchate to the Ministry of Culture on the alleged illegal liquidation of the Kyiv Patriarchate.
This was reported by Espresso that cited the press service of the liquidated Kyiv Patriarchate.
The definition states, inter alia, that:
1. The court upheld the illegality of the order of the Ministry of Culture, which abolished the charters of the UOC-KP and the Kyiv Patriarchate;
2. The court considers the submission by the liquidation commission of the Kyiv Patriarchy of the UOC-KP, which was set up by the OCU, of the appeal to dismiss the claim and to terminate the representation of the interests of the Kyiv Patriarchate by a lawyer authorized by Patriarch Filaret to be an obstacle to access to justice;
3. The court forbade the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Culture, their structural units, state and local authorities, notaries to carry out any registration actions relating to the Kyiv Patriarchy of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kyiv Patriarchate and its property;
4. The court banned the liquidation Commission of the Kyiv Patriarchate of the UOC-KP, which was set up by the OCU, any actions to manage the Kyiv Patriarchate and dispose of its property.
Earlier, the Ministry of Culture reported that the UOC-KP ceased to exist, all its powers passed to the OCU.
* Patriarch Emeritus Filaret stated that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kyiv Patriarchate dissolved in December 2018 was not liquidated.
* The OCU showed a document on the liquidation of the religious Association “Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kyiv Patriarchate” by joining the OCU, the Filaret himself was the first to sign.
* Filaret announced the restoration of the UOC-KP and rejection of autocephaly, stating that he was "not satisfied with the content of the Tomos."