Following Moscow's example, UOC-MP gathers an international conference to criticize the actions of the Ecumenical Patriarchate in Ukraine
Thus, the official website of the UOC MP says:
"2021 marks the 1970th anniversary of the Apostolic Council in Jerusalem and the 1570th anniversary of the IV Ecumenical Council. In this regard, the Holy Synod of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church at its meeting on May 12, 2021, instructed the Kyiv Theological Academy to hold events dedicated to the theological and canonical understanding of the principle of conciliarity of the church and the issue of primacy among Local Orthodox Churches.
To fulfill this assignment, on November 11, 2021, an international scientific and practical conference will be held in Kyiv on the topic: Conciliarity of the Church: theological, canonical and historical dimensions. The conference is organized by the Kyiv Theological Academy and the seminary of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
The following issues are proposed for discussion by the conference:
- Conciliarity of the Church as a theological and canonical category;
- Apostolic Council in Jerusalem as the basis of conciliarity of the Church;
- Ecumenical Councils: historical circumstances of convocation and principles of their work;
- The problem of primacy in the Ecumenical Church in the era of Ecumenical Councils;
- The 28th rule of the IV Ecumenical Council: theological, canonical and historical aspects;
- The problem of appeals against decisions of church courts in the canons of Ecumenical Councils;
- Discussions about the primacy in the Ecumenical Church in modern Orthodox theology;
- The crisis in world Orthodoxy caused by the actions of the Patriarchate of Constantinople in Ukraine."