New Magazine “The Christian and the World” Presented in Ternopil
TERNOPIL--On February 16 in the administration of Ternopil-Zboriv Eparchy of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (UGCC), a presentation of a new magazine of Christian-social character “The Christian and the World” took place. Viktor Zhukovskyi, professor of the Ukrainian Catholic University, editor-in-chief, Ph.D. of Theology, presented the publication to the workers of mass media of Ternopil. The articles included in the first edition of the publication offer competent, based on biblical-patristic sources, on church documents, and authoritative ideas of leading church figures, Christian specialists, and answer such questions as: “On what, first of all, does business efficiency depend?” “When is the matter of my professional life blessed of God?” “When does money bring true happiness?” and others. The UGCC web site posted this story on 20 February.
“The magazine is called to be an environment for the testimony of Christians who work in different industries and give a deserving answer to the challenges of this world. The readers have a chance to experience basic Christian spirituality deeper, as sources of human maturity and efficiency,” noted Viktor Zhukovskyi. “Every state needs highly moral and spiritually mature professionals in different fields, but not genius-criminals, specialists-deviants, technically competent but moral- and spiritual-lacking people.”
In the first edition one can read:
• What the Bible, Tradition, and Church today say about the economy, money, riches, property, and the social sphere? What has to be attitude of a Christian toward business, entrepreneurial activity, and enriching? When is money good, and when is it evil?
• Exclusive interview of the president of the Association of Ukrainian Banks Oleksandr Sugoniako about his conversion to Christianity, combination of professional activity and spiritual-prayer life.
• The testimony of the spiritual and professional life of deputy of Supreme Council of 1st democratic convocation Ihor Derkach.
• An article of the modern Ukrainian theologian Fr. Petro Bilanyuk about Eastern Christian spirituality.
• And also articles devoted to the problems of relation between professional entrepreneurship, economic activity, and deep spiritual life of a Christian, business specialist.