Orthodox Church Burnt Down in Chernihiv Oblast
In the village of Klymentynivka of Mensk District of Chernihiv Oblast, a church f the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate has burnt down. It was caused by careless treatment of fire.
According to the Chernihiv Department of the Mnistry of Emergency Situations (MES), in the morning of 5 February, a stoker put wood in the stove and left the building unattended for two hours. When he returned, he saw smoke coming up from the attic and called the fire brigade. But when the brigade from the village of Berezna came there, it was too late.
The building was built in 1930s and was originally a club. From 1991, the Church of the Assumption was located there. According to the stoker, the metal pipe in the attic was not fixed properly and sparkles could get in the attic.
An investigation of the event is being conducted.