ROC breaks off the communion with Patriarch of Alexandria because of their recognition of OCU, - the decision of the Synod
On December 25-26, the Holy Synod of the ROC is held in St Daniel’s Monastery in Moscow. In the published decision of the Synod, two key theses can be identified: according to a hybrid scenario, the ROC severs Eucharistic relations with the Patriarch of Alexandria Theodore II and those bishops of this Church who have already recognized or recognize the OCU. The ROC's representations in Africa are placed under the direct jurisdiction of the ROC.
This is what Moscow threatened Cairo, under the guise of concern for the preservation of the unity of Orthodoxy.
Regarding the accusations of Patriarch Theodore for his unipersonal decision to recognize the OCU, which allegedly does not reflect the position of the entire Synod of the Patriarchate of Alexandria, according to Cerkvarium, the recognition of the OCU was approved by almost all members of the Synod.
The full text of the Synodal decision of the Russian Orthodox Church.
1. Express deep sorrow at the anti-canonical actions of Patriarch Theodore of Alexandria, who entered into communion with the schismatics.
2. Emphasize that the decision of Patriarch Theodore of Alexandria to recognize Ukrainian dissenters contradicts the repeated statements of His Beatitude in support of the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church and its Primate, Metropolitan Onufriy of Kyiv and all Ukraine, including those made during his last visit to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church on September 27-October 1, 2018, three weeks after the invasion of the Patriarchate of Constantinople in Ukraine with the appointment of "exarchs" to Kyiv.
3. It should be noted that the decision to recognize the schismatic structure in Ukraine was not taken at the October 7-9 meeting of the Holy Synod of the Patriarchate of Alexandria, was not put to the vote of its bishops and, accordingly, does not have a conciliar character, but was made by the Primate of this Church alone.
4. Confirm the impossibility of commemorating the name of Patriarch Theodore of Alexandria in the diptychs, as well as prayer and Eucharistic communion with him. 5. Maintain Church communion with the bishops of the Alexandrian Orthodox Church, except those who supported or will support the legalization of the Ukrainian schism in the future.
6. Terminate the activity of the representation (compound) of the Patriarchate of Alexandria at the Moscow Patriarchal Throne.
7. The representation of the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia under the Patriarch of Alexandria is to be turned into a parish of the Russian Orthodox Church in Cairo.
8. Withdraw from the jurisdiction of the Patriarchate of Alexandria the parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church located on the African continent, granting them the stauropegia status.