Ukrainians bring great hope to the world ― American Archbishop Timothy Broglio
04 January, 12:51
The interview with Archbishop Timothy Broglio, who leads the military chaplaincy in the USA and is the president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, was done during his meeting with the leadership of Ukrainian Catholic University.
- What does the Church have to do with the military, when the Gospel proclaims peace?
- In the middle of Europe, we have an unspeakably cruel war in the 21st century
- How do we have to live in this new reality?
- How do the Americans see the war in Ukraine and how do Catholics in the USA see the war in Ukraine?
- What is the role of education, especially at a university, during the war?
- What kind of steps do we have to take in the education of a priest to respond adequately to the challenges around us?
- How can Ukrainian priests support people who experience such pain in the war?
- What steps do we have to take to proclaim a just peace?
The Archbishop’s visit to Lviv took place on December 27-28, 2022
Interviewer: Fr. YURIY SHCHURKO, Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and Theology of UCU.