A famous theologian compiles a list of the most memorable religious events over the 30 years of Independence
1. November 1-3, 1991. THE LOCAL SYNOD OF THE UOC-MP appeals to the Patriarch of Moscow to grant "full autonomy and independence" and to promote the recognition of the autocephaly of the UOC as the Fullness of Orthodoxy.
2. June 25-26, 1992. CREATION OF THE UOC-KP.
3. August 27-29, 1992. REBURIAL OF JOSYF SLIPYJ IN LVIV.
4. July 18, 1995. FUNERAL OF PATRIARCH VOLODYMYR (ROMANYUK).
5. November 1-10, 1993. The "Decade of Repentance" of the WHITE BROTHERHOOD.
6. December 1996. ESTABLISHMENT OF THE ALL-UKRAINIAN COUNCIL OF CHURCHES AND RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS.
7. June 2001. VISIT OF POPE JOHN PAUL II TO UKRAINE.
8. 2002. Nigerian Pastor SUNDAY ADELAJA renames his mission "Word of Faith" to "EMBASSY OF THE BLESSED KINGDOM OF GOD FOR ALL NATIONS".
9. August 21, 2005. THE RESIDENCE OF THE UKRAINIAN GREEK CATHOLIC CHURCH IS MOVED FROM LVIV TO KYIV.
10. July 24-28, 2008. UKRAINE CELEBRATES THE 1020TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE BAPTISM OF RUS-UKRAINE.
11. July 27-August 5, 2009. PATRIARCH OF MOSCOW KYRYL VISITS UKRAINE.
12. January 6, 2019. ECUMENICAL PATRIARCH BARTHOLOMEW PRESENTS METROPOLITAN EPIFANIY TOMOS GRANTING THE STATUS OF AUTOCEPHALOUS ECCLESIASTICAL CHURCH TO THE ORTHODOX CHURCH OF UKRAINE.
Read more about these events in the article by Viktor Yelensky on RISU.