More representatives of the UOC-MP sanctioned
This is reported by Radio Liberty.
As stated on the website of the Presidential Office, the decree comes into force from the date of its publication.
The annex to the decree states that the sanctions are imposed on:
- Metropolitan of Zaporizhzhya and Melitopol Luka Kovalenko;
- Metropolitan of Luhansk and Alchevsk Patelimon Povoroznyuk;
- Rector of Melitopol St. Savinsky Monastery Oleksandr Prokopenko;
- Rector of the Holy Assumption Cathedral of Kherson Oleksandr Fedorov;
- Metropolitan Anthony Pakanych of Boryspil and Brovary;
- Metropolitan Meletiy Yegorenko of Chernivtsi and Bukovyna;
- Archbishop Paisiy Shynkarev of Kostyantyniv.
On December 2, President Volodymyr Zelensky put into effect the decision of the national security and Defense Council of December 1 on sanctions against religious organizations affiliated with centers of influence in Russia.
On December 3, the SBU published a list of 10 people put on the "church list" of NSDC sanctions. they include, in particular, a clergyman of the UOC-MP, ex-MP Vadym Novinsky and Vicar of the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra Pavlo Lebid.
In recent weeks, the SBU has been conducting searches of the UOC-MP facilities all over Ukraine. As a result of investigative actions, among other things, law enforcement officers found "a large amount of anti-Ukrainian materials", as well as documents confirming the presence of Russian citizenship in the leadership of diocesan structures.