NSDC: an expert examination of the Charter of the UOC-MP will be conducted, and the legality of using the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra will be checked
Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 820/2022 of December 1, 2022, was put into effect.
Of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, dated December 1, 2022
Having considered the activities of religious organizations on the territory of Ukraine in the context of the military aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, in order to ensure spiritual independence, prevent a split in society on religious grounds, promote the consolidation of Ukrainian society and protect national interests, the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine decided:
1. Cabinet Of Ministers Of Ukraine shall:
submit to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine within two months a draft law on preventing the activities of religious organizations affiliated with the centers of influence in the Russian Federation in Ukraine in accordance with the norms of international law in the field of freedom of conscience and Ukraine's obligations in connection with joining the Council of Europe;
immediately resolve the issue of assigning the State Service of Ukraine for Ethnic Policy and Freedom of Conscience to the central executive authorities, whose activities are directed and coordinated directly by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
to resolve the issue of functional subordination of structural divisions of local state administrations to the state service of Ukraine for ethnic policy and freedom of conscience, whose powers include the implementation of the right to freedom of conscience and religion and the activities of religious organizations;
ensure that within two months, the existence of legal grounds and compliance with the conditions for religious organizations to use property located on the territory of the National Kyiv-Pechersk Historical and Cultural Reserve is checked.
2. the State Service of Ukraine for Ethnic Policy and Freedom of Conscience shall ensure within two months, in accordance with the law of Ukraine "on freedom of conscience and religious organizations", conducting a religious examination of the Charter on the administration of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church for the presence of a church-canonical connection with the Moscow Patriarchate, if necessary, to take measures provided for by law.
3. The Security Service of Ukraine, together with the National Police of Ukraine and other state bodies responsible for ensuring national security, should step up measures to identify and counteract the subversive activities of Russian special services in the religious environment of Ukraine.
4. Support the proposals made by the Security Service of Ukraine regarding the application of personal Special Economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions).
5. Apply personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions) to individuals in accordance with the appendix.
6. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, together with the Security Service of Ukraine and the National Bank of Ukraine, shall ensure the implementation and monitoring of the effectiveness of personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions) provided for in paragraph 5 of this decision.
Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine O. Danilov