Odesa hierarchs to take measures not to allow gay-pride
Leaders and representatives of Odessa Christian churches appealed to the mayor of Odessa Gennady Trukhanov asking not to allow the festival of queer culture “Odessa Pride 2017”, scheduled for August 8-13.
“We categorically reject and do not support the imposition of false ‘values’ which under the guise of European integration are put forward by some media and public figures. A good example of this is the inculcation of sexual perversions, which the abovementioned action is aimed to,” the document says.
The authors of the appeal recall that the apostasy of God always causes profound political, economic and social crises in any country.
“As advocates of traditional family values, the meaning of which the union solely between a man and a woman prescribed in the Book of Life – the Bible, we strongly believe that:
- such measures erase the clear line established by God, undermining the foundations of family and marriage and destroying the Bible Institute of the family. “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27);
- a society accepting homosexuality is doomed to extinction;
- homosexuality kills true love and gives rise to hostility;
- it leads to the inevitable degradation of the individual;
- it causes diseases including incurable ones;
- homosexuality is a sin. “Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.” (Leviticus 18:22).
In view of the above theses, we consider this action irrelevant, the one that defies common sense, and one that denigrates the reputation of our city,” wrote the leaders and representatives of Odessa churches.