The first Islamic information agency UMMA appeared in Ukraine
The first Ukrainian Islamic information agency UMMA aims to unite in the Internet space all those who profess Islam.
The editorial staff defines their mission as follows: to shape a positive public opinion about Islam and Muslims in Ukraine, to create preconditions for active participation of Muslim communities in a dialogue of different confessions and cultures.
Information activity of the new agency involves:
– News about main events in Ukraine and the world as well as the life of Muslim communities in our country;
– Digest of the most influential mass media of Islamic world;
– Publications on Islam and events related to the development of this religion in Ukraine and abroad;
– Information, educational and historical materials about Islam;
– Interviews with the main public figures who play an important part in community life;
– Support of educational, cultural and human rights projects of spiritual authorities of Muslims, public organizations and diplomatic missions.
The special projects of the agency are as follows:
– UMMA overview. Detailed analysis of the main events. Commentaries of experts, analytics, photo and video reports;
– About community life. Reports about lives of representatives of Islamic communities in the country’s regions;
– Hotline for Muslims rights protection;
– Personal conferences. Regularly updated section “questions and answers”;
– The history of Islam. Popular and scholarly articles about the roles of Islam in the world and national history.