UOC-MP Ready for Dialogue with UOC-KP and UAOC
On February 24 the Synod of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate, chaired by locum tenens of the Kyivan Metropolitan Chair Metropolitan Onufriy of Chernivtsi and Bukovyna, discussed the “Appeal of the Holy Synod of the UOC-KP to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate on the Urgency of Overcoming the Division of the Orthodox Church in Ukraine,” dated February 22, 2014.
The Synod of the UOC-MP decided:
1. To certify its readiness to continue the dialogue with the UOC-KP and the Autocephalous Orthodox Church.
2. To create a commission for the dialogue with the UOC-KP and UAOC, which will consist of the following persons:
1) Archbishop Mytrofan of Luhansk and Alchevsk, chairman of the Department for External Church Relations – Chairman;
2) Archbishop Feodor of Kamyanets-Podilskyi and Horodok;
3) Bishop Filaret of Lviv and Halych, head of the Synodal Department for Health and Pastoral Care for Health Facilities;
4) Archpriest Mykolay Danylevych, Executive Secretary of the Department for External Church Relations;
5) V. V. Bureha, pro-rector on academic and theological works of the Kyiv Theological Academy and Seminary.